Friday, July 1, 2011

first week in mtc

The MTC is has been great. My companion is pretty good. I have been pretty impatient with him lately because he is major "dont break the rules"rule Nazi and basically chastises me for every little mistake I make. But I am glad that he is excited about the gospel and It is nice to have a companion who doesn't hold me back as to the progress of the work. The other elders in the room have found out quickly that I like to be organized and it was most evident when the room checks came around and my bed was the only one made and my side of the desk was the only one clean. (we found a little humor in that) We taught an investigator who was baptist a few times and he has been fun to teach as well as challenging. We asked him to be baptised and he said he already was so it was hard to get him to understand that his baptism wasn't exactly valid. It was nice that he was open to our message though. We also taught this black guy who was also baptist and it was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had. He accused us of being racist and for being responsible for all the slavery and everything simply because we were mormon and white. I was really mad about this discussion because in real life on the field, we would have just left because he completely drove the spirit away but since we are at the mtc, we had to teach the entire 45 minute lesson and we felt like we were wasting time because it was just a bible bash and kinda a joke. Everything else at the mtc has been great though. The food and classes, although some of the rules are kind of a joke. Like the rule that we aren't allowed to sleep only under our blanket. We have to have certain sheets in a certain order to sleep on and NOBODY tells me how to sleep. I am pretty darn good at following all the other nit picky rules to exactness though. I talked to some of the other elders in my district and they are also into some of the web design stuff so it's kinda cool to relate to them that way. they all think I am good at art so I have drawn them a couple pictures on note cards for them to use as book marks.Thanks for all your help and support

No comments:

Post a Comment