Monday, October 3, 2011

Dear family, friends, and neighbors,
This week has been a little slow. My companion got mono(he got it from mosquitoes before his mission and it came back) so we didn't get to do a whole lot. I got to go to a baptism for someone in another missionaries area yesterday though. It was so incredible seeing a person who wanted to change their life around and be baptised as Jesus Christ was.
I am super excited for our investigators. This month we are going to get some solid baptisms. I know it! My companion is leaving tomorrow so I will be assigned a new one. I will miss elder Gilkes but I know that whoever I get will be a benefit to the area and that the work will thrive here. Even though the week has been a little slow, we had a really good lesson with a family of former investigators. They had a baptismal date 4 months ago but dropped the missionaries. We stopped by a week ago and they allowed us to come again and share messages with them. We committed them to pray together as a family each night till then. A few days ago we went back for our appointment and they had prayed and kept their commitment. They said they felt like something was missing since they stopped coming to church and we asked them to start reading the Book of Mormon again and that they would be blessed for it.
I am really praying for them to want to be baptised and we are going to do our best and with the help of Heavenly Father, I know that we can baptise them this month!
Elder Joshua Butts

No comments:

Post a Comment