Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dear Blog,
This past week we got the best investigator in the world. His name is Steven. He had been taught by the missionaries about 10 years ago and started getting off the alcohol but then went back onto drugs. Apparently he decided to start drinking moderately because he realized that it was bad. A week ago he emailed the missionaries on Mormon.org and we called him. He told us his story and told us he wanted to meet us somewhere and asked us to bring a book of mormon.
He told us that he has studied Aramaic and Hebrew and he knows all kinds of stuff about the bible. He has been researching and studying all kinds of stuff about the LDS religion and really wants to be baptised. I am so excited about this and we are going to try to get him baptised this month! His wife(partner) is not interested but he leaves church stuff around the house because he wants her to get into it soon too.
The last couple days have been a little tough because my companion has been sick, so I have been doing my best to help him out and I have given him a couple blessings. Today he has actually been getting better so I am excited to get out there and start working crazy hard again.
The picture is of our neighbors backyard that I am paving for him as service. While my companion was sick, I got so bored and the neighbor wanted us to pave an area in his backyard but didn't know how. It looked like heaps of fun to me and I love building stuff. I figured it couldn't be too hard to figure it out so I got some bricks and smoothed out the sand and started paving. I was pretty happy with it and I'm gonna finish the rest tomorrow.
ELDER BUTTS

No comments:

Post a Comment