Monday, August 1, 2011

Dear Blog,
This last week has been so awesome! I love serving in Tuskegee. We have quite a few investigators one of which seems like a forever investigator. His name is Ken. He seems pretty well educated and looks a black mixed with Jamaican. He had been being taught and fellowshipped for the last year by missionaries and has only recently decided he was willing to be baptised but the main elder who was teaching him got transferred to a different area after having served here for 10 months of his mission. Ken told us he would be baptised but won't unless it is by that missionary, so the missionary is going to be transferred back here for the last part of his mission to baptise Ken. The first time we talked was very entertaining for both of us. He asked some of the things I liked to do and photography, art, music, and especially hunting wasn't gonna cut it. He made it very well known to me that I needed to "get some culture". He could not believe that I never play video games or anime stuff. I guess I wasn't exactly up to par when it comes to governmental issues either, but I guess that it is a good thing that while I am out here the only thing I have to know is the gospel, and I think I am doing pretty good in that area.
Tuskegee has been tracted over time and time again. So we are just gonna keep doing it a couple more times. The people here are great and we are trying as hard as we can to get them to understand the concept of "there is only one true church". A lot of people think the true church is in your heart. It is so evident and easy to tell the people who just want to bash rather than learn. I love all these people and thoroughly enjoy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment